ReView is Teesside University’s Educational Activity Capture service. Lecturers may choose to use this service to provide students recording of lectures and other supplementary learning materials (video content) in your modules. Generally, lecture recordings will focus on capturing the tutor’s voice, slide presentation and/or projector screen.
This guide explains how you can access ReView recordings within your module and how to use the ReView player.
Accessing the Recordings
Your lecturer may also choose to provide you the direct link to the library of videos available in the module.
ReView Player and Features
- Click the video link to launch the ReView Player.
- This will open the player in a new window.
- The playback controls are along the bottom of the video.
- Play / Pause
- Rewind 10 seconds
- Volume (click M to mute)
- Play speed
- Switch between different captures (i.e. PowerPoint slide ans screen)
- Show/Hide thumbnail navigation
- Clicking the slide/screen thumbnail will take you to the corresponding section of the video.
- Zoom or view full screen to focus on the projector screen or the writing on the white board by clicking the Full Screen icon on the top of right corner within view ports.
- Contents, Notes, Bookmarks and Discussion
- Contents: List of the slide titles used in the presentation. Clicking the title will bring you to the corresponding section within the recording.
- Notes: Use notes to save important/additional information. Notes are personal and cannot be seen by others.
- Bookmarks: Use bookmarks to remember key moments within the recording. Bookmarks are personal and cannot be seen by others.
- Discussion: Use discussion to post comments or questions and work collaboratively with your peers. Posts will be visible to all who have access to the recording. Note that lecturers may choose to disable this feature or may not use it for active discussion or answer questions posted here.
- You can search for specific key words across PowerPoint slides, screen, lecturer’s voice, notes, bookmarks and discussions within the recording. Type in the search box and press enter or click the magnifying glass icon. Click on the search result to jump to that part of the recording. Use the filters (i.e. Search All / Sort) to further refine your result.
Embedded Player to Full ReView Player
You can watch the videos embedded in a content item in your module by clicking play. If you wish to watch the video in the ReView player to benefit the features discussed above, click the icon on the top right. This will open the ReView player in a new window.