- Your tutor will provide you with a link to the online classroom, click on the link and it should open in your web browser. If for any reason this does not work, copy and paste the link into the address bar of the web browser you would like to use.
- The first page you will see is the Log in to Session page.
- Type your name into the text box and click Log In.
- A file called meeting.collab will be saved to your computer, normally to your Downloads folder, but it could be saved to another folder such as your Desktop so check different places for it.
- If this is the first time that you’ve used Blackboard Collaborate you’ll need to download the Launcher Application. Click the link on the page titled download the Blackboard Collaborate Launcher.
- Choose your Operating System from the drop down list and click Download.The installer file will be downloaded to your computer, normally to your Downloads folder but it could be saved elsewhere. Double click on the installer file to install the software and follow the on screen instructions.
- Once the software is installed go to your Downloads folder and double click on the meeting.collab file. This file could have been saved to another folder such as your Desktop so check different places for it. If you can’t find the meeting.collab file follow steps 1-4 again and save the file in a location that you can access.
- The Blackboard Collaborate software will open, the first time you do this it may take a few minutes to load and a Security Warning may appear.
Tick the box next to Do not show this again for apps from the publisher and location above and click Run.You might also be asked to accept a user agreement, read the terms and click Accept.
You might also be asked to install a piece of software called Java, go to http://java.com and click Free Java Download to get it.
- When the Blackboard Collaborate software has loaded run the Audio Setup Wizard, this makes sure that the microphone and headphones connected to your computer are working correctly.Click Tools > Audio > Audio Setup Wizard and follow the instructions.
For the best online classroom experience it’s important that you use a set of headphones and not the speakers built into your laptop or monitor. If you do not use headphones you may hear feedback and distorted audio.
- Please try and complete this before the scheduled start time as it may take 30 minutes or more.