There are a number ways to embed/link video in Blackboard. You can use the mashup tool, insert/embed media link or insert the embed code in the HTML editor. This guide will look at how you can embed a YouTube video in Blackboard using the HTML editor.
<iframe width=”640″ height=”480″ src=”https://www.youtube.com/embed/[videoID]” frameborder=”0″ allowfullscreen></iframe>
If you need further guidance on how to copy/get the embed code, please refer to the Upload Video to YouTube guide.
- Open Blackboard and navigate to the Module where you would like to embed your video.
- Make sure you are in Edit Mode. You will need to embed the video within a Content Item. So, click Build Content drop down menu, select Item.
- Click the HTML Code View Tool within the Text Box Editor.
- Clicking this opens a new window. If the content item already contains text and images you will see HTML code in this window. Don’t worry if you don’t understand this code. Paste the YouTube video embed code into the HTML Code View editor. If you have existing content in this window, paste the embed code at the beginning or at the end of this existing code. Once you have successfully pasted the embed code, click the Update button on the bottom right corner.
- You will now see a yellow box with a red outline that represents your video. When you are done editing the Content Item click the Submit button on the top right to save your changes.
- An example of a YouTube video embedded in Blackboard: