ReView recordings can be added to any location within a Blackboard module, making it easy to share lecture recordings and personal captures/screencasts with your students. The guidance below will explain how to embed a video using a Content Item or using the more advanced, Tools option.
Embedding a ReView Recording Within a Content Item
Use the Content Item to display the ReView video player in a specific location within your module e.g. a video introduction that you have created for a particular week or topic within your Learning Materials. This allows students to play the recording without leaving the Blackboard module.
- Open your Blackboard module and go to the location where you want to add your ReView recording e.g. a folder within your Learning Materials. Create a new Content Item.
- Click on the Mashups tool in the Editor and select ReView Video.
- A window should open that shows your available ReView recordings.
- Choose the recording you want to embed by ticking the box next to the video thumbnail and then click the Insert Videos button.
- The popup window will close and you will be returned to the content item page.
- Click the Submit button.
- You should now see your ReView video within your Blackboard module.
Embedding a ReView Recording using the Tools option
Use the Tools option to add a link to a ReView recording rather than displaying the player. This link will open the full ReView player in a new browser window.
- Open you ReView Video Library in your Blackboard module.
- If you have video recordings organised in sub folders, you will need to ‘associate’ or ‘attach’ these folders using the Advanced Settings in the ReView Video Library section. As an example, in order to add the ‘Sandbox – personal captures’ sub folder, click Change.
- This will take you to a page where you can select all available folders e.g. courses that you are a module leader. Select the appropriate sub folder. Click Add, then click Submit.
- You will notice that, when more than one folder is associated to a module, the ReView Video Library interface will have textual links rather than thumbnail images.
- To add your ReView recording using the Tools option, go to the location where you want to add your recording e.g. a folder within your Learning Materials.
- From the top menu select Tools > ReView Video.
- Click on the Folder drop down list and select the appropriate folder.
- Click on the Lecture drop down list and select the name of the recording you want to add.
- Insert a title for the content item and a description if needed.
- Click Submit.
- You will now see a link to the ReView video. Click the link to watch the video on ReView player (opens a new window).