This guide explains how to perform basic edits to your ReView video captures.
- Login to Blackboard, and select a module.
- Click ReView Video Library link under Course Tools.
- Hover over the thumbnail of the video you wish to edit. Click on Edit. This will open the editor in a separate browser window.
NOTE: Edits in ReView are non-destructive. You can retrieve your original recording at any point.
Primary and Secondary Tracks
- ReView editor comprises primary and secondary streams. Typically, the primary track comprises the audio (voice over) track and if available, the primary video feed.
Trimming a Video
- To edit the start and end of a recording, click the Scissor icon.
- You will be presented with tabs both at the beginning and end of the timeline.
- Click and drag the tabs to the desired position. The light areas will be kept and the greyed out areas will be edited out.
- You may find it helpful to play the video and pause it at the point you wish to edit. A red line will appear on the timeline as you do so. The tabs will snap to the red line, helping you accurately edit.
- To edit out a section in the middle, simply click (mouse down) and drag an area on the track.
- To remove an edit, join the tabs.
Edit Individual Tracks
- Apart from the slide and primary tracks, all secondary tracks can be edited individually.
Save your Edits
- Once you have completed your edits, click Publish on the top right of the page.
- The video will be re-published along with the edits.