Depending on how you’ve set up Collaborate Ultra, there might not be a way for your students to see the recordings. If you haven’t already set up a link to Collaborate Ultra in your module you’ll have to do that first. If you’ve already done that and you can see Collaborate Ultra on your course menu or if you’ve added a link in Learning Materials for example, students will already have access to the recordings and you don’t need to follow this guide.
There are two ways to make recordings available to your students, either by adding a Tool Link to your module menu or sharing the link to an individual recording. If you use a Tool Link students will have access to all of the Collaborate Ultra recordings saved in that module, you won’t be able to choose what they see. If you choose to share individual links with them you can choose what to share, but you’ll have to manually share each recording link after each session.
Supported browsers and operating systems
Collaborate Ultra recordings can be viewed on desktop/laptop and mobile devices.
|Chrome||Windows 10, macOS 10.14+||Android 9+|
|Firefox||Windows 10, macOS 10.14+||Not supported|
|Safari||macOS 10.14+||iOS 12+|
|Microsoft Edge||Windows, macOS||Android, iOS|
Creating a Tool Link to Blackboard Collaborate Ultra
- Head over to https://eat.tees.ac.uk and go to the module that contains your recordings
- With Edit Mode turned on click the + icon at the top of the course menu and choose Tool Link.
- Enter a Name for the tool link and from the Type dropdown choose Blackboard Collaborate Ultra. Tick the Available to Users box and click Submit.
- The Tool Link to Collaborate Ultra will then be added to the bottom of the course menu. This is the link that you and your students can use to access the recordings.
- When you or your students click on it you’ll be taken to the Collaborate Ultra – Sessions page, click on the ≡ icon to show the menu and then click on Recordings.
- Click on the Session name/Recording name to view the recording.
Sharing a link to an individual recording
If you don’t want to automatically give students access to all of the Collaborate Ultra recordings in a module you can manually share links to individual recordings with students.
- Head over to https://eat.tees.ac.uk and go to the module that contains your recordings.
- Underneath the course menu, in the Course Management area click Course Tools > Blackboard Collaborate Ultra.
- Click on the ≡ icon to show the menu and then click on Recordings.
- On the right of the page in the row for the recording you would like to share click the ⋯ icon and choose Copy link.
- The link to the recording should have automatically been copied to your clipboard, but if you’re not sure it has worked you can always right click on the link and choose Copy.
- Now you can share the link with students in any way you like. You could share it in Microsoft Teams, in a Blackboard Announcement or you could add it as a Web Link inside a content area.
For more information on managing Collaborate Ultra recordings you can read the Blackboard Help Guide here: https://help.blackboard.com/Collaborate/Ultra/Administrator/Recordings